POSTDOCTORAL POSITION AT THE GENETIC AND MOLECULAR EPIDEMIOLOGY GROUP (GMEG)
CNIO – Spanish National Cancer Research Center, Madrid
A postdoctoral position is available for a project aimed at integrating omics and non-genetic
information, as well as clinical imaging data for pancreatic cancer within a European funded project.
The Group is seeking a recent and motivated Ph.D. with relevant publications and experience in
The GMEG is interested in the genetic&molecular epidemiology of pancreatic, bladder and breast
cancers through integrative approaches. We apply innovative methodology to both hypothesisdriven
and agnostic/exploratory analyses to integrate several levels of information, including omicsand
The position involves work on the studies related to a European funded project including genomics,
radiomics, and pathomics. In collaboration with other investigators, the postholder will take
responsibilities in the project management, conducting statistical analysis of complex data, reporting
results in scientific meetings and manuscripts, preparing grant applications, and supervising PhD
students. Contributions to multiple related publications and development of new research ideas are
expected from the postholder as a result of a pro-active participation in the projects led by the
Group. CNIO is an international cancer research centre of excellence with an active and stimulating
working environment with a multidisciplinary approach to cancer research.
- To support in the managing of a European Project.
- To perform statistical analysis of complex data.
- To participate in the design, planning, and preparation of grant applications.
- To supervise PhD and other students.
- To actively participate in the international consortia and initiatives of pancreatic cancer.
- To actively participate in the Group and CNIO meetings and activities.
- Ph.D. in epidemiology, medicine, or a related discipline.
- Experience in the use of biomarkers in epidemiological or clinical research in cancer is advisable.
- Proficiency in statistical analysis and large data set handling.
- Excellent knowledge of English.
- Proven ability to organize research activities and to write scientific papers .
- Good communication skills.
- Availability for travelling.
- An employment of 3 years with a possibility for extension.
- An opportunity to participate in a European research center of excellence on genetic and
- A stimulating working environment with a multidisciplinary approach to cancer research and
possibilities of scientific interactions.
- Contract linked to a project.
If you are interested, please visit
Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Oncológicas (CNIO)
Melchor Fernéndez Almagro, 3
Madrid, E-28029 España